Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Connection is hanging
  Posted by  Ralf Altmeyer  on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 7:50:56 AM (EST)
I'm running LS 2003 on a W2K server platform and use a dial up connection to connect to the internet. When LS tries to open the dial up connection it hangs the whole "dial-up environment". This measn: The modem does not start and I am also not able to open the dial-up manually. Though LS is still partly working (e.g. the web server is functioning) I cannot exit from LS, I even cannot shut down the system.
Thsi problem does not occur if I manually open the dial-up and then start LS with the dial-up connected. Then LS closes the connection and reopens it. From then on, LS works fine. The problem is trhat I can't open the dial-up before LS when I installed LS as a service.
Does anybody know about thsi problem? Thanks in advance.
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 3:55:40 PM (EST)
I think the issue here is your modem connection is stored in your user profile, and not available to default users or services. There is a similar issue in MS KB 247157.

I use dial up via an internal ADSL modem on w2k server without any problems....ooops I tell lies....The Firewall would fail when I ran LS as a service with this particular modem. Ultimately the fix was to have the LS Service run using 'administrator' credentials. This may also fix your current problem.

Hope this gets you on the right track.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.