Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Slow Sending Email
  Posted by  Efren Ouano  on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 7:58:58 AM (EST)
Sending email is very very slow.

Can anyone give me some solutions?
We have a T1 data line, all users and 602 LanSuite 2003 are on Windows 2000 SP4.
We have about 35 users.

Thank you for time and assistance.
  Posted by Peter Mitterboeck  on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 11:32:57 AM (EST)
...seems to be a widely occurring issue... I ahve this problem, too, and in my posting to this forum today I also enclosed detailed information about what's going on there. lan suite has problems to confirm a given recipient of any - internal or external - email. Don't ask me why; I look forward receiving information on this topic!
  Posted by Efren Ouano  on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 2:38:56 PM (EST)
When there are stacked messages in the Queue and select
Collect Pop3 and Send Internet messages, everything takes off and the queue empties almost immediately.
  Posted by Efren Ouano  on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 2:43:00 PM (EST)
If it is indeed a bandwidth issue, why does the queue empty almost immediately if I select "collect Pop3 and Send Internet Messages" from the Server drop down menu?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 4:23:15 PM (EST)
LS works on a queued messaging server model. In other words, it doesn't send mail out immediately. This is a good thing for quite a few reasons (like the fact that you can continue to receive and process in the background with available system resources).

I believe the interval is like a minute or so, I see very little to no delay in sending mail unless there's a DNS problem or the destination server can't be contacted.

So you're saying there's nothing in the log files that would indicate any kind of problem sending mail? Does the mail eventually send on its own? Do you have some kind of connection schedule set up or something like that?
  Posted by Efren Ouano  on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 5:00:45 PM (EST)
Thank you for your response. Every user mail client just clocks waiting for 602 to accept the email. I then see these messages stacked in the send Queue. It never was slow before just within the last 2 weeks. I can send you our log if you care to see it.

Thank you
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 10:30:29 AM (EST)
I guess the obvious question would be then:

What's changed on this computer in the last 2 weeks? Did you make any configuration changes? Did you add or remove some programs on the server? Did you enable anti-spam or something?
  Posted by Efren Ouano  on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 10:55:22 AM (EST)
I resolved the issue of slow email.

Thanks.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 12:05:56 PM (EST)
So what was the resolution?
  Posted by Terry Fehr  on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 1:59:51 PM (EST)
SPAM filtering is applied to all mail received by the server. The more SPAM filters are selected the slower sending will be.

I asked the support guys a couple of weeks ago if it could be bypassed for mail originating on the hosted domain but they said no. Maybe I asked the wrong question but IMHO it should always be bypassed for locally generated email.

TFehr
  Posted by Murray Gorson  on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 2:39:11 PM (EST)
I was having the same problem for the last couple of days. The issue is the spam filter. I had turned it on and people were having trouble sending mail. Receiving does not seem to be a problem. Mail sits in the outbox and sometimes get returned as undeliverable - no transport available. I then tunred the antispam filter off and everything works great.
  Posted by Efren Ouano  on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 3:14:09 PM (EST)
It was indeed the SPAM list. All outgoing email were filtered through all the checked SPAM services. I think they have this reversed. It should check for SPAM on incoming email.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.