Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Moving LS 2003 to a new machine
  Posted by  FirstName LastName  on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 12:59:28 AM (EST)
Hi

I was running LS 2003 for a small office network on a Win NT 4.0 SP 6a Workstation. Now I want to upgrade this machine to Win XP Pro. I put in a new HD and installed XP. I can do a new installation of LS on this but I am afraid that the old mail folders of the users will not be able to be restored. How do I retain the existing folders and mail settings.

Any help will be appreciated.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 11:20:57 AM (EST)
Copy the old Lansuite folder onto the new hard drive. Then re-install lansuite on top of the directory you just created on the new hard drive.
  Posted by Charles Clingerman  on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 1:05:06 AM (EST)
I have moved my lansuite onto 4 different machines so far without a single glitch.

I do a new install on the new system and enter the reg kyey. Then overwrite the new directory with the old one and start up. Recheck all the settings and you should be good to go...
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.