Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Fax Send - Access Violation @ Address 35C46A07
  Posted by  Gareth Vaughan  on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 3:12:08 PM (EST)
Howdy, As you can tell from the subject heading i have a slight problem sending faxes.. - After printing, selecting fax no, and 'Send' this error appears & shuts down the service (note the 602 Server is still up).
Subsequent attempts to get it to work fail & even after reconfiguring SMTP support nothing has changed..
Any ideas??
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 3:53:25 PM (EST)
I have never encountered the eror b4 so can only make suggestions...the sequence of events u describe sounds like the fax is compiled ok to the SMTP server, and the error occurs during the handover from smtp to fax modem. TAPI usually allows multiple programs to use the same device, but maybe there is another program that has opened the com port or modem and is not TAPI compliant. 'Access Violation' is usually a sharing issue, as opposed to 'Access denied' which is a security issue.
I have MS Fax (2k/xp) running at the same time as LS Fax without any issues ( only LS is set to answer incoming calls ).
Check for any other apps using the com port, or maybe any other fax program u may have tried in the past.
One of my customers had a modem problem where it would dial and connect to the internet once but not again without reboot. I eventually solved the fault by reloading the modem drivers ( internal win modem...#@$! ).
Since LS uses TAPI, I would expect the error to occur no matter what application uses the modem...for diagnostic purposes, make a connection to the modem using HyperTerminal to see if the error occurs.
If all else fails, maybe another modem or another port will bypass the fault.

Good luck.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.