Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
settings for ping/tracert/nslookup
  Posted by  Peter Mitterboeck  on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 10:02:07 AM (EST)
I'd like to enable all workstations of the internal network to perform pings or traceroute or DNS-Lookups to the internet in a command-shell. The nslookup only works when I enable dns in LanSuite. ping cannot resolve a hostname into an address and tracert neither.
Is there a possibility to set LanSuite to perform these types of routing? Maybe I can setup a mapped link to the ISP's DNS-Server or something like this?

Regards,
Peter
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 11:45:46 AM (EST)
This isn't a DNS issue, it's the fact that you can't specify a proxy server for the ICMP packets that are sent with a ping and tracert (traceroute) in DOS.

I am not sure if there are any suites for Ping/Traceroute available on the Internet that allow access through a proxy.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 5:54:25 PM (EST)
The following link is very brief explaination on how ping and tracert work.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/ping_map.htm

The best I can offer is to visit the following web site: www.dnsstuff.com. It has ping and tracert options, but they are timings and routes from the website.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.