Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Spamming Accusations!!!
  Posted by  Eric Pierce  on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 5:35:24 AM (EST)
Seems certain ISP's don't like my LS 2003 sending my clients their monthly newsletter. I receive this message from them along with suggestions to block my "dynamic IP".
(550 Dynamic IPs/open relays blocked)
The reason I use LS 2003 is to get around Comcasts 50 e-mail sending limit at a time, (It's a pain to sit around and set up and send 30 distribution lists!) Is there a way to set up LS 2003 to make me look like the nice guy I am or will I always be labeled a "spammer" ?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 10:45:17 AM (EST)
It's probably not that, it's probably being blocked because you're on a residental/dynamic IP range.

Unless you use some kind of mass mailer application to send each message individually (and then send it through Comcast's SMTP server via LAN Suite), I don't know of any way to get around this.

..well, other than getting a hosting provider that will allow you to relay through them.
  Posted by Jason Mcclellan  on Saturday, February 07, 2004 at 4:26:44 PM (EST)
Many ISP's and companies use DNSBL services to block IP's which are either known spammers, or which belong to known dialup IP blocks. If you have a residential internet service, be it dialup, dsl or cable, you most likely have an IP belonging to one of these dynamic blocks, and if you connect directly with your own SMTP server you are likely to be rejected as you have seen. This is not a personal spam accusation, it is a recognition that your IP is dynamic. Generally, people with dynamic IP's have little reason to have their own SMTP servers, save for the reason of spamming.

You have two solutions to this; obtain commercial service, with fixed IP, which will not be in these lists (you should consider this anyway, you are likely violating your TOS/AUP with what you are doing) OR use a 'smarthost' or forwarding service. www.tzo.com and www.dyndns.org are two that come to mind.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.