Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
winsock error
  Posted by  Marty Peet  on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 9:52:03 PM (EST)
I've been getting some strange winsock errors since installing the 602 LanSuite 2003 with Virus support. I have no problems surfing the web,nor do any of my other Lansuite clients. I have no problems collecting mail, nor do any of my other Lansuite clients, however, when I attempt to send emails to external addresses I get a winsock error and my connection is reset. This only occurs when my emails are above approx 60K in size. They will eventually be sent but it may take as many as 9 attempts!!! Anyone got any thoughts?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 10:30:14 AM (EST)
Check the Knowledge base:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=353
  Posted by Marty Peet  on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 3:25:13 PM (EST)
Hey Robin

Thanks for the reply, I'd already checked out the knowledge base and read the relevant article. Checked everything mentioned. I have no problems with my network, NIC or OS, I'm running W2K with 4 clients. The problem with my email only occurs when they are over approx 60k in size, which is the problem that threw me. I can send 50 emails of 30k to 60k size without a problem. Whenever the email exceeds this size, normally via an attachment I get the reset problem. The error message returned is WSASocketError:Winsock: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. The error seems to point to my ISP? I've been onto them a number of times and they continue to tell me that they can't see a problem. I was/am sort of hoping it's a 602 problem so that I'll have some chance of fixing it :-} Once again, thanks for the reply, any other handy hints :-}
  Posted by Kirubakaran Shanker  on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 1:25:55 AM (EST)
Hi,

I also got into the same problem, anybody could suggest alternate solution to solve this problem. For me no mails are going out. But same error message.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 10:41:20 AM (EST)
I was looking in Outlook Express mail account definations. I found an advanced option to split the mail into parts if it is greater than a certain size. This size defaults to 60k.

Do you have this option selected? If you do, try unchecking the selection box and sending your mail as one piece.
  Posted by Marty Peet  on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 5:55:38 PM (EST)
Hey Russel

Thanks for the reply, only problem is I'm not using OE. My email is sent using Goldmine and it doesn't split email in any way, shape or form, far as I can see anyway..
  Posted by Jan Vdberg  on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 at 5:46:37 AM (EST)
see http://support.software602.com/forum/view.asp?id=4178&gid=4076&cid=5
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.