Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
problems with mail on xp
  Posted by  Robert Birzes  on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 6:54:22 PM (EST)
I had lansuites installed on my leased server box but it kept conflicting with my windows web server . I didnt want to use the lan suites web server because i couldnt see how to get front page extensions working with it . So i decided to install it on my pc at home . I have win xp pro . I added a mail. on my dns server to point to my box at home. whats very strange is that I can only get mail that is mailed from my domain that I have . If i try to send mail to my domain from any other mail account, it wont get recieved .
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 8:38:08 PM (EST)
First thing that comes to mind: have you got a firewall running on your home machine and not opened port 25?

Posted by Robert Birzes  on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 9:21:55 PM (EST)
I went as far as turning the fire wall off. I actually think it is my ISP that screwed it up . I use comcast cable and I am sure they do everything to keep people from runnng servers. I went and put it back on my leased box and set the lan web server to use port 90 and now it doesnt mess with my microsoft web server any more. The one thing I would like to know is if is a way to have lansuites interact with IIS so that I can use front page extensions with the server. I run a business called adminsoncall.com out of southeastern pennsylvania. I would like to push lan suites on my customers ,but the push would be alot easier if i knew how to get Lan and IIS to work together. For now just changeing the port does the trick , but I would like to do it a better way
  Posted by Bruce Raisley  on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 2:43:46 PM (EST)
I installed Lan Suite 2003 on an XP pro machine. I works fine from what I can tell. But I can not access mapped network drives when the software is running. Is this a security issue?
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.