Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Improvment Recomendations
  Posted by  Andy Hamm  on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 3:06:09 PM (EST)
Hi, Great Product!

But, as with everything there are a few little 'features' that need to be cleaned up. Please consider fixing these issues in your future release:

WEBMAIL:

1. Allow the MAIL RULES in the web mail to accept something like ALL-ALIAS - meaning that the rule will apply to all of the user's alias'. Currently, if you need to sort mail and a user has alot of alias', you have to create alot of rules.

2.I'm pretty sure that the STOP Processing feature does not work in the MAIL RULES, as it is applied to all rules weather you turn it off or on.

3.We need to see our sent messages, not just the subject line.

4. RE:RE:RE:RE:RE: - I'm sure you know what I mean on this one! If one RE: already exists in a reply, please don't keep adding them on! It makes conversations hard to follow. (My current record: 47 RE:'s).

ANTVIRUS (AVG):

1.When a mail is inbound to more than 1 user, LANSUITE makes a copy of the email for each user, and then virus scans each message individually. The virus scaner should be moved so that the message is scanned before the copies are made so that it only has to scan a single message.
Imagine what happens when you have 25 users and you send an large attachment to all users, not that I would personally do that, but one of the users might!

That's about all I can think of for now, overall I am very happy with this product.

Thanks,

Andy
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 6:25:30 PM (EST)
to process all the emails for to aliases that use the default domain, just use an 'exception: mailboxname@domain.com' rule to the 'Recipient:'.
This works fine for all aliases to the default domain, but if you have an alias defined like, 'someone@otherdomain', it does not work for some reason; just put in main box. Bug?

(Although, this seemed to lose the 'postmaster' email. Instead of moveing postmaster to a newfolder, it just seemed to delete it; Another bug?)
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.