Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Can mail reside on LS for LAN viewing?
  Posted by  Robert Nusly  on Thursday, January 22, 2004 at 10:24:10 PM (EST)
I want to keep my incoming mail on the LS server so that the same mail can be seen from any PC on the LAN using Out.Exp. Can this be done? Thanks!

Bob
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, January 23, 2004 at 10:18:05 AM (EST)
Technically, this can be done by leaving a copy of the message on the mail server, BUT it sounds like you're looking for more of a groupware solution which is not something LAN SUITE provides. While it is possible to download the mail to each individual machine, it technically will be viewable by anyone who logs in to the system, which can be bad.

LAN SUITE is not a groupware solution.
  Posted by Robert Nusly  on Friday, January 23, 2004 at 11:33:19 AM (EST)
Thanks for the information. I would be the only one logging in to the PCs so seurity is not the problem. I just wanted to have my email all in one place no matter which PC I retreived email on. It's a hassle finding some old email not knowing which PC it might be on.

Thanks again!

Bob
  Posted by Frank Merson  on Monday, January 26, 2004 at 10:02:07 PM (EST)
Since you will be the only one using the PCs, if you only have one instance of OE running at a time, you should be able to change the location of your message store for all instances of OE to a common message store located on the server.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.