Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Email gateway query
  Posted by  Simon Harris  on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 11:04:35 AM (EST)
I am trying to set up this as a gateway for our emails. The problem i have is that we have several domains that we collect email from.

Yes, i have to set 1 domain as the default domain for 602Pro. This measn that any emails sent have their domain set....how do i get around this to choose which domain i send the emails FROM ?

Thanks
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 11:54:00 AM (EST)
You can do this two ways:

1.) Set up a mapped link and send mail through it directly to the SMTP server. This can be a pain for more than 1 or 2 domains, so this may not be the best solution.

2.) Send the mail using an alias account and webmail. You should have aliases to properly sort the mail via POP3 collection, so when you compose a message in webmail, those aliases should be active and selectable from the list.
  Posted by Prikshat Kaplish  on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 12:23:29 PM (EST)
Simon,

While the from address has to match the account name to enable login...

I have been setting the Reply to: field in each account on each users outlook.

The user then recieves via the main account but can choose to send as any of the other accounts.

So far only a few MAC people have not been able to see the reply to: field and have used the from: field instead. I dont know what email program they use!

regards -pk-
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.