Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Changing port for webmail
  Posted by  Charles Clingerman  on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 4:05:05 PM (EST)
The Webmail is handy, but I have another application that uses port 80 so I have been trying to use a different port. So far I am unable to get ports 8080 or 8081 to work on the internal network at all. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 10:32:10 PM (EST)
When you change the www port, the proxy will also change, unless you tick 'For HTTP Proxy use port other than for WWW server' and state a different port.
Asumming everthing is correct, I would think the firewall is stopping you.
The log files will prove everything. The firewall log will tell you if it blocked a request from the internal network to port 8080. And in the LS log, the www server will identify the succesfull opening of port 8080 or not.
  Posted by Charles Clingerman  on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 11:38:27 PM (EST)
No, the logs are not reporting anything at this point. I am only using the POP3/SMTP/Webmail functions. I changed the webserver port to 8080, then 8081 and attempted to open the webmail by using another machine within the network and entering 192.168.1.40:8080.
This allowed me to work inside the router/firewall/gateway. The firewall in LS is not enabled. So far, no good. I get the "page not available" in MSIE 6.
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 12:42:05 AM (EST)
Turn on logging of the www server. When the www server starts it will tell you if it started correctly and on what port.

I take it that everything was working ok on port 80 before.
  Posted by Charles Clingerman  on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 1:16:33 AM (EST)
As strange as this seems if I put a space in between the address and the port (192.168.1.5 :8080) everything works perfectly be it inter or intra net. Thanks for the help Andy.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.