Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
collect pop mail
  Posted by  Herman Weick  on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 6:45:56 AM (EST)
I have trouble collecting the mail of a specific ISP. It seems that every (test)message that i write to that account gets deleted. In the log of LAN SUITE the following statement is made: "the pop3 session will be restarted because some messages were not deleted during the last one". Then LAN SUITE gives a delete command and the mail is deleted before it's collected.
It seems to be connected to the "isp_name.pmx" file. LAN SUITE renews this file to keep track of the last mail it collected. When i delete this file the next time i collect the mail all goes well. The "isp_name.pmx" file is recreated and the next time the mail gets delted before collecting.
Are there more with this problem and more important do you have a solution for this problem?

Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 5:31:12 PM (EST)
For diagnostic purposes, remove the collection of mail from this particular ISP by LS.
Then using a mail client on the LS server, recreate the account and test directly from the mail client. I expect to see similar errors from the client also. If so, contact the ISP concerned and explain the problem you are having with the mail client (noting error messages and codes).
  Posted by Herman Weick  on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 2:08:15 PM (EST)
Thanks Andy Sharrem for your quick response.

I've followed your advice. The problem might be by my ISP because:

I send a testmessage to my account.
I can read this message using Webmail.
After I collect the mail with my reader, I can read the mail in my reader but also by webmail. Normally it should be deleted after collecting it by POP.
As soon as I delete the message in my reader en then use POP the message gets deleted in my Webmail.

I will contact my ISP now.
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 5:18:00 PM (EST)
Are you sure this is not a setting in your reader.. some readers such as MSOEXP support leaving mail on the POP server until it is deleted from the client... perfect for this situation.. but not always useful.
  Posted by Herman Weick  on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 3:46:10 AM (EST)
I have installed a new reader, Outlook Express.
With this reader all goes well.

But that doesn't explain why LS has a trouble with one ISP and not with the others.

Can I prevent LS from making the "isp_name.pmx" file. That would solve my problem.

My ISP has not yet answered my supportquestion, to be continued..
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 9:54:19 AM (EST)
What was the previous reader? My feeling is that it is a setting in the reader...
  Posted by Herman Weick  on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 10:50:06 AM (EST)
What was the previous reader?

- Desktop Sidebar -

My feeling is that it is a setting in the reader...

- LS deletes the mail on the server of my ISP before downloading. The reader is no issue. -
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 4:16:00 PM (EST)
If you are viewing on the LS webmail then you are still viewing the mail on the LS server... If you then are still able to view the message in the viewer and on the webmail then obviously it is still on the server... the client didnt delete it... the webmail is not viewing mail on your ISP server but local mail that it has already downloaded from the ISP... guess I am confused as to what the problem is because it sure does sound like a problem with the viewer to me (especially if you changed viewers and the problem went away) but if you have it worked out then I will drop the discussion.
  Posted by Herman Weick  on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 2:55:47 PM (EST)
Problem solved.

I changed my hosting provider. Everything works great again. I love LS.

BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.