Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Crashes APplication
  Posted by  Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 1:03:20 PM (EST)
I have a situation that whenever I attach a tif document created by a certain application that is destined to be faxed ( I am sending it to faxnumber@fax) the application crashes and will not reopen until I clean out a bunch of temp files in the LANSUITE path... this is a serious problem for me.. can anyone help me with this? I can open the file no problem on my machine.

Thanks
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 3:47:46 PM (EST)
Try opening the TIFF file from the server using the 'imaging' program supplied with Win98/ME/W2k. If it fails I would think there is a TIFF format compatibility issue. In the Save As of your application, is there different TIFF options?

Is this TIFF application on the Server as the default app to open TIFF? When it is...do a "detect" operation in the LS Fax tab of the LS application.
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 3:54:42 PM (EST)
It is a COM object that is creating the tif file in an ASP page. If I turn the res of the output file down real low like 204x196 it will work.. but the image quality is very poor. It is not coming out of an app... thanks

Is there a max image size width height resolution... does it need to be G3 encoded what does the server want?

Thanks
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 4:00:26 PM (EST)
The image opens fine in the viewer.. several viewers for that fact.

Thanks
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 4:07:39 PM (EST)
Out of curiosity, what happens if you send the file as an attachment in a mail client like Outlook/express?

What happens if you try to convert this file a different file format (.gif, .jpg, etc), and attach it to a message in outlook/express.. does it work then?

I understand you're using a com object, but try converting the image and see what happens. It could be a problem with the way the object is creating the file or the way the OLE is handling it...Viewers are a lot less sensitive to corrupt/damaged/incorrectly created files than OLEs are.
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 4:12:55 PM (EST)
That is how I am testing.. sending through Outlook Exp as attachment. I tried it with JPG and it worked ok... but the JPG conversion process is long and file is big.. anyway I can send the file in and 602 tell me what is causing the freak out?

Thanks
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 4:28:39 PM (EST)
if the JPG format is working (nevermind the size), this would indicate to me that there is a problem with either the OLE or the com object you are using to creatr the tiff. Either way, I don't think Software602 is going to be much help because the OLE and the com object are supplied by different vendors. I couldn't possibly imagine they'd have the resources to rip apart a tiff file and try to tell you what's wrong with it.
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 4:52:16 PM (EST)
I got it to take the tif file by playing with the output parameters... I encoded as tiffg4 and an img width of 1728 then the server took the image no problem. now on the other end the image is stretched in length all funky and spreads two pages when the tif image was one... I suppose I will have to keep playing with the parameters to try to get the software to transmit the image right.
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 6:27:43 PM (EST)
Fax Resolution is 204dpi.
I expect LS is throwing a wobbly because the image exceeds the page size as specified in the Driver.
Worthy of investigation is Multipage Tiff.
Good luck...sounds like your are on the right track!
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 6:32:54 PM (EST)
The problem is that the page is a MPTIFF.... ARGHH!

I have it faxing now but it is stretching the document I suppose during the convert process.. the tiff printed is one page.. faxed it is almost two in length.. width is right.. I converted to jpg and I have the same problem but it is actually WORSE.. I can only see the upper about 3 in of the actual image but it is blown up to the size of the entire page. I really need to get TIFF working because of multi page support. What is the max image size height and width it can take?
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 6:34:01 PM (EST)
WHat is the "Page size specified in the driver?"

I am faxing by delivering to the mail server number@fax

thanks
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 6:58:16 PM (EST)
I am no guru on LS faxing...but I note when i installed LS it created '602 Fax' in the printers folder with a paper size of A4.
Roughly converting mm to inches and mulipling by 203dpi works out to an image size of 1675 x 2370 per page.
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 7:15:52 PM (EST)
BINGO...!

Found it.. under the printer driver preferences and properties Advanced change the resolution to 200x200 and problem is gone... very confusing... but that explains the stretching..
  Posted by Austin Henderson  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 7:18:08 PM (EST)
I suppose it uses that printer even if you are faxing through the SMTP number@fax method... ; )
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.