Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Updating Anti-Virus Definition
  Posted by  Marvene Molina  on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 7:54:16 AM (EST)
From the menu, I go to the Anti-Virus, Updating and click the Update Now. A window appear "Anti-Virus Updating: Contacting the update site update.software602.com" and another appear tell me that the update was not successful.

on the log file:

Anti-Virus updating: Contacting the update site update.software602.com

Anti-Virus updating: Anti-Virus updating was not successful. Unable to connect to the update site.

What is the correct configuration for my LanSuite update automatic or manual. Need help. Thanks in advance
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 10:40:34 AM (EST)
Sounds to me like a routing issue. My antivirus updates just fine. I would first try to ping "update.software602.com" and maybe do a traceroute (tracert) and see where it's dying. It's likely a routing problem with your ISP or just a temporary routing problem between your ISP and software 602's servers.
  Posted by Marvene Molina  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 12:33:23 PM (EST)
I try to ping here the results.

Pinging update.software602.com [66.129.90.7] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 212.71.32.12: Destination net unreachable.

Ping statistics for 66.129.90.7:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

I also do the trace route.

C:\>tracert update.software602.com

Tracing route to update.software602.com [66.129.90.7]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3094 ms * 1625 ms 212.71.32.12
2 212.71.32.12 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

What would be to next step to solve these problems? Any ideal. Thank you.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 1:54:10 PM (EST)
This is a problem with your ISP, you should contact them for help. from what I'm seeing, you're not even leaving your ISP's routers, which would indicate a routing issue or they've got problems with their outgoing connectivity to the Internet.
  Posted by Marvene Molina  on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 at 5:28:39 AM (EST)
I talk to my ISP regarding the problem that I am facing. It is a rule here in Saudi Arabia that all ISP will not allow their customers to do ping or trace route that's why my "update.software602.com" when you try to ping it a message will appear "Destination net unreachable".

Is their other way to receive an update from my Anti-Virus Updating? I know that a have one (1) year subscription on my Anti-Virus Update maybe their is another way for me to be updated on my AntiVirus Updates.

I hope as your regular customer that your Support will put in consideration the situation which I'm now facing on the ISPs especially here in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you.

Marvene
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 at 11:37:35 AM (EST)
Well, if you can't access the site, this is definately a problem with the ISP. I can access it just fine from here in the US, and if it was broken, I bet there would be a ton of other people complaining about it in the forums.
  Posted by Marvene Molina  on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 at 9:26:16 AM (EST)
The support emailed and the only thing to have update is thru the software itself. Do you think is there a chance to do the manual update? It is really a big problem for me. Because all ISP here in Saudi Arabia have many restriction.

Thank you.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 at 9:45:12 AM (EST)
Thinking about it, I remember reading on some news outlet that Saudi Arabia has one of the most aggressive site blocks/content filters in place in the world. Since you are able to access the main software602.com site, I would think that there should be no problem getting your government to allow access to the update site.

When I do a ping to "software602.com" I get an IP address of [66.129.90.4]. When I ping "update.software602.com", I get an IP of [66.129.90.7]. This would indicate that the "update" site is hosted on another machine.

If I were you, I'd be talking to the ISP or the government to get them to unblock the "update.software602.com" [66.129.90.7] site. They are probably using a "deny all" and then providing a list of acceptable sites in their routers..this site can easily be added.

I can't offer much more help because I don't live in Saudi Arabia and I don't know what the process or laws are governing this. I'm sure there's some kind of contact at the Ministry of whatever handles this (Information? Morality?) where you can request access to this site.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.