Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
how use a webserver on a lan?
  Posted by  Luigi Ottaviani  on Sunday, December 21, 2003 at 6:12:37 PM (EST)
I want to map the public IP of my adsl connection, on a specific port, to go to the apache server that is running on a pc of my lan (on port 80). Mappin seems not to work..(even if with firewall down). Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!!!
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Monday, December 22, 2003 at 2:44:42 AM (EST)
If you are trying to do mapping from the internet into the lan, it will not work. Mapping only works from the lan out to the internet.
  Posted by Luigi Ottaviani  on Monday, December 22, 2003 at 3:10:03 AM (EST)
Really? So how can I put a service on a pc of the lan if the proxy cannot map it? I cant put everything on the server!
Thanks,
Luigi
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, December 22, 2003 at 12:13:19 PM (EST)
Lan Suite is a proxy server not a router. It looks like that is more of what you are looking for. Lan Suite doen't support incoming mapped links.
  Posted by Luigi Ottaviani  on Monday, December 22, 2003 at 12:48:07 PM (EST)
It's only a simple feature for a nat/proxy so I was sure it was included!
(doesnt seems I'm asking too much :))
That's a great pity.. lansuite is a wonderful product.. let's hope in future releases!
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Monday, December 22, 2003 at 9:26:18 PM (EST)
Mapping does work from external client to Lan. I have it working. Setup is no different from Lan to External client.
If you are sure your mapping setup is correct then I would think you have a conflict with port 80.
Check the LS logs. When LS starts it will open the port to Map unless it is already in use. If the Map creation is not in the Log then you have a conflict. Try changing the map to an obscure port (8080,8081 etc).
If you don't have external PC to check your mappings, use www.anonymizer.com to check the mapping from within the Lan. www.grc.com (sheildsup) will also check the mapping.
Be aware...mappings use your LS client licenses ( log file will note when the licenses are exceeded ).
  Posted by Luigi Ottaviani  on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 at 4:21:19 AM (EST)
Thanks a lot I'll try it!!!
You gave me a hope!
I asked to support for this and they said it's not possible till the next release of lansuite (not before februrary..) I'll check yor advices!!!!
  Posted by Luigi Ottaviani  on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 at 7:34:14 AM (EST)
I checked and even if that port (8081) is open from outside, it's not possible to go to the webserver of the lan.. could you tell me your configuration?
My email is luigi.ottaviani@tiscali.it.
Thanks a lot!
Luigi
  Posted by Luigi Ottaviani  on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 at 7:13:01 AM (EST)
IT WORKS!!!
It was a problem of my 2 nic server with windows!!! Proxy mapped ports work PERFECTLY from Internet to lan!!! Its official.. LANSUITE IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that replied to my questions!
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.