Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
comcast blacklist
  Posted by  Pat Mont  on Friday, December 12, 2003 at 6:05:36 PM (EST)
As I was testing the my new mail account, I tried to send myself an email to my existing comcast account. I saw in the log that while being sent to comcast, it was stopped by
blacklist.mail.ops.asp.att.net
I have seen several issues with between this & Comcast in other furums on the web and I am trying to figure out how to solve this problem. I do not use a domain for my new '602' account if this makes a difference, just my public ip address.
Thanks again
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, December 15, 2003 at 9:32:29 AM (EST)
If you're on a blacklist, it usually means that you've been used to relay spam, so the server you are trying to contact is rejecting the mail you are sending. The problem is you probably didn't set the relay options in LS.

Check out this Knowledge Base topic (just the resolution part, it describes what the relay options do):

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=646

Once you have secured your server, you will need to contact comcast to be removed from the blacklist. Likely this can be done by either emailing "abuse@comcast.net" or "postmaster@comcast.net".
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.