Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
fax/network probs
  Posted by  Martin Bottom  on Saturday, December 06, 2003 at 11:15:41 AM (EST)
Hi,

Weíve just installed 602pro lan 2003 on our network (3 pcís and a server). Superb software, well pleased with it.
Everything installed and running fine, with only 2 problems, which are probably easy to fix, but Iím relatively new to networks.

First is a problem with faxing. We can send out faxes and receive them no problems. However when the outbound fax is received at the other end, it comes out seriously garbled. I sent a test from my network to my home pc and it came out like this
http://www.boha.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Fax00000000.jpg

the fax simply said Ďtest.testí on it.
Modem is an external Conexant modem. Anyone any ideas ?

Second one is probably our network setup incorrectly. I have 3 pcís and a server with ipís 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.4 all relevant folders on the server are shared and everyone can access them. After I installed 602pro, no one can access the folders/files anymore, but can browse the internet, receive email etc. if I stop 602pro, the access to folders comes back on again.
Only things I can think of, is that Iím running it as a service, or on the proxy settings Iíve set all, instead of the ip for broadband (usb adsl). I canít get access to the server until Monday so Iím just hypothesizing, any pointers would be really helpful. Sorry for the long post, Iím going balder by the second :)
  Posted by Ken Zhu  on Sunday, December 07, 2003 at 7:30:17 AM (EST)
Did you activate the firewall? If it is then the firewall setting may cause the second problem you mentioned.
Please check the firewall settings.(01) Marked the right NIC adapter for internal network.
(02) Select the Custom for firewall security check and define the relevant permission sets in Custom selection.
Hope can solve your problem.
  Posted by Martin Bottom  on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 at 6:36:36 AM (EST)
sorted. it was the firewall. i turned it off and everything was hunky dory again.i haven't had time to look at custom permissions yet though. a job for this afternoon.
thanks for your help
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.