Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
proxy problem
  Posted by  Lobo Lobo1628  on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 3:26:06 AM (EST)
I have LAN with three PC... on one of them is LS2003 as proxy ... when I start IE6 on some PC ( other then proxy PC, where LS2003 is installed) everything works fine, but when I want access internet from the PC where LS is intalled, proxy (LS) dials (ISDN line) and i can access web sites but no transfer is recorded in LS ..that makes LS to hang-up and dial again every 3 min which is my "idle time" ...
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 10:40:28 AM (EST)
Sounds like you didn't configure your browser to go through the proxy.

For the server pc where the connection resides, it is possible to bypass the proxy and get a direct connection to the internet. This is because LS works like any other tcp/ip application: It uses the standard TCP setup in Windows, so technically it is no different from your mail client or web browser.
  Posted by Lobo Lobo1628  on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 1:10:42 PM (EST)
Settings on my Server (LS) PC browser is identic as browser setings at any other LS client PC .. I have't find any specific instruction how to set up browser on the Server PC either information thet it's not possible to accesss internet through LS form the Server PC ... have You any idea how to solve this problem
THX for your time

LOBO

Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 5:50:02 PM (EST)
The following KB article tells where to find the proxy setting, and what to change them to.

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=597&highlight=setup+proxy
  Posted by Lobo Lobo1628  on Friday, December 05, 2003 at 3:00:39 AM (EST)
I have done it all "by the book" and it works fine from the all workstations but not from the server PS (where LS) is installed.. the problem is only on that macine ... ( take a look on my first post)

Lobo
  Posted by Awab Alvi  on Friday, December 05, 2003 at 7:16:35 AM (EST)
A question for the gurus out here - is it possible to block internet access to the Internet explorer or Netscape running on the main LS SERVER by assingning access rules for the 192.168.0.1 computer (which also acts as the host)

and simultaneously allow access to other computers trying to access the net?
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.