Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Mail from clients
  Posted by  Gennadiy Saenko  on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 at 10:59:04 AM (EST)
Hi, I just downloaded the LAN suite and trying to learn how to use it. I read the manual - it was not too helpful. Here is my question:
I am looking to use the software to utilize the internet sharing capability. i have several users and only one network connection. I want them all to be independent of my server and get/send the e-mail using our organizationís smpt/pop servers. In other work i want to use my LAN 2003 machine as internet gateway. However, it seems to me that all pop and smtp traffic from clients is blocked. I am not using LAN 2003 as POP or SMTP server ( the checkboxes are cleared). Can any one suggest what i am doing wrong?
Do i have to set the users up if i am not using any advanced functionality of the software? I tested on one of the clients - http works fine as is!

THANKS!!!
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 at 1:16:08 PM (EST)
If you are using LS2003 firewall, you will need to use the customise option. And select the email optioins in the firewall. These are NOT the LANSuite smpt/pop3 configuration options.

If the firewall is setup, it will have to be told to allow POP3/SMTP through, otherwise it will block them.
  Posted by Gennadiy Saenko  on Monday, December 01, 2003 at 10:00:10 AM (EST)
I tried with and without firewall being ON. There is nothing in the log file, the rejected connection does not show in the LS window as well. No matter what I do- the pop3 and SMTP requests from my client does not go trough. I even setup firewall with the following rule: All protocols/all adapters/in and out permitted...
Did not help. I tried changing connection settings in client outlook to use internet explorer settings - No luck. Please HELP!!!!
  Posted by Herman Weick  on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 3:34:59 PM (EST)
---I want them all to be independent of my server and get/send the e-mail using our organizationís smpt/pop servers---

Which software does your organization use on your mailserver? And how is this mailserver connected to the internet?
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.