Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PC SUITE 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602 TAB PRO SUITE 2001
  Posted by  David Sutton  on Friday, November 21, 2003 at 3:21:59 PM (EST)
I am still trying to open an .xls file from one of my suppliers, first tried to open one that was unloacked, still nothing. Supplier thinks it might have something to do with macros. Not even sure what those are, but still need help!
  Posted by John Terebey  on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 8:02:56 AM (EST)
two alternative methods for opening xls are using the xls viewer from microsoft (its free but does not allow manipulation) or using openoffice. the ms xls viewer is small and quick. the openoffice brings in lots of extra things which you might not want.
  Posted by David Sutton  on Monday, November 24, 2003 at 9:09:02 AM (EST)
I have the ms excel viewer, but the file I am trying to open is one that I need to be able to change info on. I do not have the openoffice program. I suppose, by what my supplier is telling me, that I need to purchase the MS Excel program.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, November 24, 2003 at 2:12:05 PM (EST)
Most, if not all of the Excel-like products don't support macros, so if they're using them, you will definately need to buy a copy of excel or get your supplier to strip the macros out of the spreadsheet because macros are pretty propriatary beasts.
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.